Edie Moore Student Travel Scholarship
The Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine (SAHM) is pleased to announce our annual call for applications for the Edie Moore Student Travel Scholarship. All students interested in pursuing a career in adolescent health or medicine are encouraged to apply.
Awards will consist of $500 to offset travel costs to the SAHM 2013
Annual Meeting in Atlanta. A total of up to 7 awards will
- All undergraduate or graduate students, medical students and medical residents are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants may NOT be on federally funded sponsored education or training grants that include travel support.
- Awardees are expected to attend the 2013 SAHM Annual Meeting in Atlanta, GA, March 13–16, 2013.
- Previous awardees are excluded from applying.
- Only one applicant per school/program/institution will be chosen.
Application Process – Please submit the following materials:
- Completed application
- Current CV or résumé
- Application letter (maximum of 350 words) expressing why SAHM should provide you with a travel scholarship, including your educational and career goals, interest in adolescent health, interest in SAHM, desire to join SAHM and/or obtain mentorship in adolescent health or medicine, and desired information or experience to be gained from attending SAHM
- A letter of support from a faculty member who can comment on your desire to explore the field of adolescent health and medicine, and who can outline the reasons why you should receive this award. The letter should indicate how long and in what capacity the faculty member and applicant have known each other. The faculty sponsor need not be a member of SAHM
For questions, please contact Administrative Director Ryan Norton.
To apply: Please send completed materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 4, 2013.
The SAHM Multidisciplinary Membership Committee, chaired by Carolyn Halpern, PhD, MA, is charged with reviewing all applications and selecting award recipients.