Great Lakes Regional Chapter
The Great Lakes Regional Chapter of the Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine is a membership organization for interdisciplinary health professionals in the region including Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin. National and Chapter goals are to foster and stimulate the highest quality of health care for adolescents and to increase understanding of the adolescent periods of growth and development among the community in general, and interdisciplinary health care providers in particular.
- Provide leadership to promote adolescent health and health care
- Foster communication among professionals who care for adolescents
- Encourage cooperative projects in health care delivery, continuing
education and clinical research
- Act as a clearinghouse for information and resources related to adolescent health
- Provide a network for referrals for adolescent health and health care
- Advocate for and stimulate interest in adolescent health and adolescent health care
- Provide continuing education programs and collaborate with training programs on adolescent health care
- Maintain liaisons with other professional organizations and consumer groups
- Promote research on adolescent health and health care
- Collaborate with national SAHM and other professional organizations to develop standards for adolescent health care
Organization: Membership includes health educators, nutritionists, nurses, physicians, psychologists, social workers and other health professionals
To current and future members, pleased forward your email address to Cathy Joyce as this is our means of staying in touch with all members. Annual dues are $25 for doctoral-level members and $10 for non-doctoral members. Information regarding dues may be obtained from the Chapter Treaurer, Wendi Ehrman, M.D., Great Lakes Chapter SAHM, Downtown Health Center, 1020 N. 12th Street, 1st Floor, Milwaukee, WI 53233.