Rocky Mountain Regional Chapter
- Elsie Humes, RN, BSN - President *
- Peggy Baikie, DNP, RN - Past President *
- Patti Galleher, PA-C - Past President *
- Kirk Prochnio, PA-C - Treasurer *
- Amy Sass, MD Conference Chair and Course Director
- Roberta (Robin) Beach MD – Awards Committee
- Dr Ron Eagar MD – Awards Committee
- Bill Wimett RN, ANP, MSN, Newsletter Chair
- Lynn Wilmett , EdD, APRN-C, Membership Chair
- Mary Lou Cormier RN – Immunization Liaison
- Alma Lantz PhD – Advocacy and Legislative Liaison
- Ovidio Bermudez, MD – Member at Large
- Megan Miccio MSW – Member at Large
* Executive Committee
The RM-SAHM Board meets every other month.
The Executive Committee meets four times a year to plan educational meetings, the Hot Topics conference and the annual spring dinner meeting. The subcommittee chairs report updates at the Board meetings. RM-SAHM holds an annual retreat in the fall to discuss goals for the upcoming year.
During 2011 -2012 – Category 1 CMEs and CEUs were given for attendance to the educational meetings. (American Academy of Family Physicians. The CMEs for the Hot Topics Conference were provided by The Children’s Hospital of Denver.
Educational meetings for 2011-12 were:
January 19, 2011 – Bill Wood, the director of Rights of
Passage, spoke on “ A day in the life of a juvenile
The RM-SAHM Chapters award was given to Jennifer Mankey.
April 24, 2011 – KAM award given to Dr. Donald Beard for his lifetime contribution to adolescents in the Ft. Collins area.
August 18, 2011 – Dr. Ovidio Bermudez presented Body Image Issues
October 28, 2011 – Hot Topics in Adolescent Health Conference – “Managing Adolescent Risks in the Office Setting”
January 26, 2012 – Regional Chapter Presidents Award to Ann Marie Braga. She also spoke on “Using a positive youth development approach to promote sexual health.”
April 24, 2012 – KAM Award given to Janine Solano, PA-C – speech on “A PA’s Perspective on Minority Youth “
August 23, 2012 – Dr. Chris Thurstone on "The Blunt Truth about Marijuana and Teens."
October 26, 2012 – Hot Topics in Adolescent Health Conference at the Children’s Hospital - “Emergent Issues in the office setting”
RM-SAHM communicates with its members and friends through a web-based e-group system. The chapter has its own website.